Our Happy Closet : Week 17

Friday, July 18, 2014






I've been living in these shorts on the weekends. This top - eh. Which made me realize its time to take it out of the closet. I have continued to remove pieces that I don't feel drawn to or I wear in effort to use them but don't feel they are really me anymore. I still find myself grabbing the same favorite pieces week to week. Yet I've hit a wall in figuring out the style part of our little project.

So when I came across Caroline's blog this weekend I found my answer : a capsule wardrobe. I know what style I like, but I've been struggling to create outfits that work for this unbearable weather and that are also work appropriate. I like the idea of limiting the number of items in my closet per season and really thinking through any new purchases. Since we began this project, I have been good about not making any impulse buys and only adding what was missing to my closet. I'm still working on the letting go of certain items. The idea of buying quality over quantity was important for me, but at the same time, I had to be realistic with the clothing and budget that makes sense for my lifestyle. At the end of the day, I'm looking for comfort and ease. I invite you to check out Caroline's site and continue to follow along on our journey.

Credit // All photos and text by Xiokat for "Our Happy Closet" series and edited with ABM Piper Actions

0 comments:

Post a Comment

xiokat All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^