The Roma Diaries #4

Wednesday, May 28, 2014


I can't believe my 90 days of living in Rome have come to and end. My time here flew by so fast but I cannot be more grateful and happy for how it turned out. It was definitely a tough and somewhat scary decision to leave my job but I am glad I did not let the negativity or fear stop me. One of my goals in life was to live in Europe and experience the lifestyle before I turned 30. Though I was only there for three months, I can say "I did it". I soaked it all up, took as many adventures as I could on my budget and created memories that I will cherish forever.



Today, on my last full day in Rome, I went walking around the city for one last time, listening to the street sounds and music playing, and really taking it all in. Kind of like saying "see you soon".
It has truly been one amazing experience, to have been here for so much time living "la dolce vita". Of course, I never got tired of seeing the Vatican, the Pantheon, the Colosseum (and other landmarks) but also living the Italian way of life. The majority of the experiences were fun, besides a few, like when I needed to mail something out from the post office (such a hassle!) or having to leave my house by 10am everyday to walk about 4 blocks from my house just to leave the trash of the day (plastics: Tuesdays and Fridays and paper: Wednesdays & Saturdays). But overall, it was definitely wonderful and I will have stories to tell for a lifetime. I was endlessly inspired by all my surroundings. I met all types of people that took me in, became my Italian family, and I will forever cherish them in my heart. I am thankful for all their teachings, company and can't wait to return for another adventure.
Until next time....  baci

0 comments:

Post a Comment

xiokat All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^