Our Happy Closet : Week 13

Friday, April 25, 2014

This weekend I am heading to NYC for one of my very good friend's bridal shower and I am so excited! This has probably been the easiest and fastest packing I have ever done for a trip, and I think a lot of it has to do with this exercise that we've been doing of minimizing and focusing on essential pieces in our closet. The weather will be a bit cool, so I decided to stick to jeans since I can easily dress them up or down. I picked a few of my favorite tops, and without trying I realized I had a palette. Sticking to a color palette when you travel helps with packing less while still having interchangeable items that create various outfits that work. I can easily add a pop with a colorful scarf (like my floral piece that screams spring!) or statement jewelry. Even my dress for the party (which I had planned to wear weeks ago) fits nicely with the palette. I also have plenty of room in my luggage for new purchases (which of course are bound to happen.)


As for my carry-on, I am taking my xiokat bag that works for going out as well as walking the city all day. I have my ipad, my xiokat clutch to carry my essentials (phone, wallet, travelers notebook, pens), makeup bag and of course, my camera. (These photos were taken quickly this morning with my Iphone so sorry for the quality!)
See you soon NYC!!

Credit // Photos taken by Xio for Xiokat "Our Happy Closet" series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

xiokat All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^