The Roma Diaries #2

Thursday, March 13, 2014



Mornings // Whether you are a coffee drinker or not, here you will become one. Not only mornings but anytime of day is the perfect time for coffee. I love how the bars (over here they call coffee shops, bars; and bars are called pubs) are always filled with people of all ages getting their shot glass coffee to go on their day. It's a good break from whatever you are doing to just relax. So every now and then I go and ask for a macchiatto to fit in and feel more "Italian".  

Afternoons // Living in the center of Rome has just been a dream. So much to do and see and every little corner has a new shop to explore. Like this one above. I fell in love with the layout of the store, especially the walls. Maybe a future idea for the xiokat studio? I got their business card from, but can't seem to find them online or anywhere. It was decorated semi industrial with thread spools and pipes everywhere. The changing rooms shown in the image have a vintage feel with all the old sketches as wallpaper. And of course the clothes are so beautiful, but I didn't by anything since I can't get into the habit of buying something in every store. There are too many cute little stores around here, it would be dangerous on my wallet. So before going to class or a bar, I take a walk around the neighborhood just to look for something new. 

Evenings // Ahhhhhh! the FOOD. YUM YUM YUM! Its impossible to not gain some pounds here. The food is amazing and so fresh that I must try it all, but since I don't eat red meat it helps me just a bit. Almost everything has meat in it and well, I make up for it by eating and trying EVERY cheese ever made in the world. There are a million cheeses here, so when my roommate and I go grocery shopping we always try a new one. So far they are ALL to die for. Usually during the week we cook at home and go out to eat on then weekends. At least that's the plan, but since I have only been here for almost two weeks, all her friends have wanted to take us out so they can meet me. So nice of them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

xiokat All rights reserved
© Blog Milk
Powered by Blogger

^